Hardware Requirement :
One Node with Linux Operating System
I downloaded Oracle Enterprise Linux from edelivery.oracle.com
Software Requirement :
Oracle Enterprise Manager Downloads
Version Used : Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g Grid Control Release 2(10.2.0.1.0)
Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g Grid Control (Oracle Grid Control) delivers centralized management functionality for the complete Oracle IT infrastructure, including systems running Oracle and non-Oracle technologies. With a broad set of administration, configuration management, provisioning, end-to-end monitoring, and security capabilities, Oracle Grid Control reduces the cost and complexity of managing grid computing environments. Robust service-level management functionality within Oracle Grid Control dramatically improves service levels through rich transaction and end-user performance monitoring and deep diagnostics for multi-tier Internet applications. Oracle Grid Control also offers a comprehensive extensibility framework for management of custom applications and integration with other management tools. These capabilities allow companies to deliver superior performance for their systems and applications, while continually reducing management complexity and costs.
After installing and deploying the Oracle Enterprise Manager components, you can use Grid Control to:
* Simplify deployment of Oracle solutions by cloning fully patched and tested Oracle homes to multiple hosts.
* Quickly identify available patches for the components in your enterprise and bring those components up to the latest patch level with just a few clicks.
* Apply consistent, proactive management practices across your enterprise using policies and management templates.
* Automatically assess the security vulnerabilities in your enterprise using the Critical Patch Facility, which provides notifications and a direct link to Oracle Support.
* Enhanced security rules harden the infrastructure database and host. Violation score reporting helps administrators prioritize security operations.
* Schedule and run multi-task jobs across multiple targets using the more powerful, feature-rich job system.
* Create groups to monitor heterogeneous or homogeneous target groups using enhanced group management pages.
Summary : Installed 10g Grid Release 2 version 10.2.0.1.0 on Oracle Enterprise Linux
FS_CLONE Phase It is a stand-alone command used for file system cloning. Standard cloning (using adcfgclone.pl) cannot be used to synch...
Options ABANDON and RESTART adop phase=apply patches=10721639 abandon=yes Used to specify whether to restart the previous run of a...
Abort Phase If for some reason either the prepare or apply phase failed or gave problems, you can abort the patching cycle. After runnin...
Scenario You have noticed that the on the patch edition there are lot of patches applied. You did the cutover and now customer wants t...
Scenario You have been asked to apply a patch and you completed the prepare phase and apply phase. Now customer has given a downtime f...
Cleanup Phase Drops now-redundant columns and other objects which are not required after the cutover phase. It is important that we do n...
Scenario You have been asked to apply a patch and you start with the first phase “PREPARE”. Background Customer has recently...
Configuration Management - Scenario on SyncContext In Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2, some configurations are managed via AutoCo...
Ready the instance for cutover Perform the final operations like Compile Invalids , Generate Derived Objects and Pre-compute DDL to be run...
R12.2 Highlights This release is largely focused on providing new technology stack components, new configuration options, and new syst...