Thursday, August 9, 2012

Where are my Virtual Machines

My customer runs all their operational servers at a data center. Recently at the DC we did a server consolidation and migrated most of the non production physical servers into virtual machines. The good thing we got lot of computing power and all the add-on from virtualization. 

Well Virtualization is a good topic and there are a lot to be discussed but I am going to write about what happened in the last week. 

Suddenly all the Virtual Machines were not accessible and my Production Database's ASM Disk were not found. A total blackout and the reason is an outage from a storage device. The data center had a massive HP EVA (Enterprise Virtual Array) in which my customers data resides. The technical reason was both the EVA Controllers failed and unfortunately the EVA Cluster configuration did not work.


Popular Posts